These Banana Muffins are easy, delicious and quick to prepare. Plus, you probably have everything you need to make them in your kitchen right now. A favourite with kids and adults alike, these moist muffins are sure to please.
- 3 or 4 large bananas, mashed (the more bananas the moister)
- 1/2 cup (100g) white sugar (original recipe calls for 1 cup, but I don’t like them too sweet)
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1/3 cup (75g) melted margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (190g) flour
- Mix the mashed banana, sugar, egg and margarine together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients all together!
- Pour into greased muffin tins.
- Bake in 350°F (177°C) oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- These are much more flavourful the next day, and they freeze very nicely too!
- If you like walnuts, you can throw a handful of those in there as well for some added flavour and texture, or try adding chocolate chips, or better yet, BOTH! I also add in seasonal fruits like strawberries on occasion.