I discovered this wonderful web-site yesterday, about, well CHEESE of course! One of my all time favorite foods! Anything and everything you could ever want to know about cheeses from types, to uses to history can be found here…check it out!
And because I have nothing better to do right now, I will list my favorite top 5 cheeses of all time!
1. Raclette – a hard cheese, originating in Switzerland, similar to a Swiss, but more flavourful. Great melted.
2. Gruyere – another Swiss cheese, hard, with a nutty flavour.
3. Brie – a soft spreadable cheese, great for melting, but tastes best at room temperature.
4. Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese – self explanatory!
5. Sheep Romano – salty and crumbly!
Mmmm!! Just thinking about all these delicious cheeses makes me hungry! I will resist the temptation to raid the fridge tonight. We went to Global Cheese in Kensington Market in Toronto on Saturday, and came home with some lovely cheeses…they are safely tucked away in my fridge, where they shall remain (for tonight anyways!)