- 1 1/2 cups (190g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (150g) white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil or apple sauce as substitute
- 3/4 cup (175ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (100g) fresh or frozen blueberries
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl or in your stand mixer.
- Combine vegetable oil, eggs and milk in a separate small bowl and mix well.
- Gently combine the wet and dry ingredients taking care not to overmix.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into greased muffin tins, or paper muffin liners (which is my preferred method).
- Bake in 400°F (205°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- If you like lemon, feel free to add in a little lemon zest (a fancy term for finely grated lemon rind). Lemon is stronger flavour, and you don’t want it to be overpowering, so just use about 1/2-1 tsp tsp of lemon zest.