15 January 2006 ~ 1,556 Comments

Awesome Banana Muffin Recipe

These are by far the EASIEST and BEST Banana Muffins I have ever tasted! Even if you think you can’t cook, they are 100% “fool-proof” which makes them all that much better! With only 8 ingredients (which you probably have on-hand) I am sure you’ll agree these are super easy. See for yourself in the feedback! There are over 1000 positive comments – if that’s not good feedback, I don’t know what is!

They are extremely easy, and great tasting! So versatile…change them up and let me know how they turned out! You just can’t go wrong with this GREAT RECIPE! If you like them, leave me a comment and tell me about your muffin victory! 🙂

Banana Muffin

Banana Muffins (makes 12 muffins)

3 or 4 Large bananas, mashed (the more bananas the moister, so I use 4)

1/2 cup white sugar (original recipe calls for 1 cup, but I don’t like them too sweet)

1 slightly beaten egg

1/3 cup melted margarine or butter

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups flour

Mix the mashed banana, sugar, egg and margarine together. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Mix wet and dry ingredients all together! Pour into greased muffin tins, and bake in 350 degrees F oven for approximately 20 minutes. Enjoy!

*These are much more flavourful the next day, and they freeze very nicely too!

*Also, if you like walnuts, you can throw a handful of those in there as well for some added flavour and texture, or try adding chocolate chips, or better yet, BOTH! Yum 😀

My first cookbook is now out of print, however I just released my BRAND NEW BOOK, “Cat Can Cook Vegetarian” It features most of the original recipes in book #1, but this book is bigger and better and in full colour! It is a vegetarian cookbook that focuses on delicious, easy recipes!

You can order Cat Can Cook Vegetarian online!

1,556 Responses to “Awesome Banana Muffin Recipe”

1. Abby 11 June 2015 at 10:34 am Permalink

*hide not his 🙂

2. Denise Armstrong 2 July 2015 at 7:58 pm Permalink

I am 67 and I have never in my life made banana muffins from scratch. they turned out deee liii cious! ty so much for this recipe. I was wondering how many calories r in oneÉ

3. Nyemade Bedell 4 July 2015 at 2:24 am Permalink

This is simply the best recipe! I added vanilla and cinnamon and its indeed awesome.

4. Maggie 13 July 2015 at 5:54 pm Permalink

Excellent!!! I tried a receipe from another website and it
    doesn’t compare to how good your receipe is with taste
    Moist and so yummy. I added cranberry and walnuts on a few muffins and a few just with cranberry and of course
    plain banana .

5. Debbie 19 July 2015 at 1:16 pm Permalink

How long can you let the banana muffins sit out?

6. Sarah 20 July 2015 at 8:45 pm Permalink

Oh boy! The muffins have just come out of the oven. They smell heavenly. They are golden and have risen (I hate when a muffin sinks!!) very well. Can’t wait to taste them!

7. mary 24 July 2015 at 4:16 pm Permalink

Love these muffins! Super moist. Perfect. I used 3/4 cup sugar, pinch Chia seeds, little less than a 1/4 cup organic shredded coconut, and a little less than 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans. Delicious! Can even get by with 1/2 cup sugar. This recipe is a keeper.

8. Cynthia M 29 July 2015 at 12:25 am Permalink

I think we have been using this recipe for nearly five years…They rock! I take them to my work bake sales and they are ALWAYS the first to go. the kids love them especially with chocolate chips. I have made them with more bananas and had a truly moist muffin. so much flavour. i love vanilla so I seem to add some too! they are fail safe. I have made them on rainy, miserable days and bright sunny days and they always tun out fantastic!!! THANK YOU for sharing!!!!!!!!

9. Cynthia M 29 July 2015 at 12:25 am Permalink

10. CharlesHine 3 August 2015 at 4:53 pm Permalink

The recipe made 12 BIG muffins, I baked them exactly 20 minutes, and they came out perfect.

11. Unblock US Websites 26 August 2015 at 12:54 pm Permalink

I love what you guys tend to be up too. This kind of clever
    work and reporting! Keep up the terrific works guys I’ve included you guys to
    my own blogroll.

12. Kris 27 August 2015 at 9:30 pm Permalink

I never leave reviews, but these muffins are AMAZING! I used 5 bananas, 3/4 cup of sugar and added a cup of peanut butter chips. YUM, my son said they are so good that I should sell them to a bakery 🙂

13. Catherine Robertson 27 August 2015 at 9:32 pm Permalink

Yum – Peanut Butter Chips! I often put P.B. on my Banana Muffin, but P.B. Chips? You’re onto something great here, Kris 😉

14. Stephanie 28 August 2015 at 11:48 am Permalink

I just made these and I have got to tell you, they are dellllicious! There are only two of us, so I cut the recipe in half. Moist, decadent, you name it! Over the holidays I will be making these for when all the children are home. They love my baked goods and I know this will be a winner. I added blueberries too. Wonderful. Never knew I could prepare a batch of muffins in under 5 minutes. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe!

15. Maryann 7 September 2015 at 1:18 pm Permalink

Love these muffins… Have substituted gluten free flour and they still taste great… I also like to add 1 tsp of cinnamon and a couple handfuls of spinach puréed in blender. Great breakfast or lunch treat for kids

16. Malia 4 October 2015 at 2:03 pm Permalink

WOW! Easiest & best ever! Perfect banana flavor (used 4) & oober moist! I had to do the crisco/water sub for butter but everything else to the T. For fun I also did some with an oatmeal crumble top (left over from apple pies) and others with a dollop of pb&j in the center (just cuz). Can’t wait to try more variations!! 5 stars all the way!

17. Leah 14 October 2015 at 3:31 pm Permalink

I make these muffins all the time, usually I double the recipe, using 2 cups whole wheat flour & one cup ground flax, 1/3 cup oil & 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce, add vanilla, cinnamon & stevia instead of the sugar. They always turn out great. I also frequently swap out the fruit depending on what i have on hand. Pumpkin or apples always perfect.

18. Renee 17 October 2015 at 2:42 pm Permalink

Lovely recipe….I used as a base and added some applesauce, cinnamon, chocolate and chia seeds….moist and extremely tasty. Thank you!

19. Margo 11 November 2015 at 3:30 pm Permalink

Catherine – Thanks made these today!

20. Jenny 27 November 2015 at 1:34 pm Permalink

Thanks 4 da recipe. Just made a batch. Smells delish. THanks again.

21. henna kambule 4 December 2015 at 11:45 pm Permalink

I would like to receive ur recipes like weekly or dayly

22. Lesley 4 January 2016 at 6:15 pm Permalink

Fantastic recipe have made lots and never a fail. Usually add coconut to recipe and they are delicious. I am about to make the carrot variety. Thank you from all my family.

23. Love These Muffins 4 January 2016 at 10:00 pm Permalink

These muffins are awesome! Keep the good work up!

24. Emma 1 February 2016 at 8:30 am Permalink

These are the BEST muffins. I add fresh blueberries to the mix as well. I make them at least once a week and the whole batch goes in seconds!

25. Aquí 6 February 2016 at 1:39 pm Permalink

Ñam Ñam!

26. Sandra 7 February 2016 at 10:11 pm Permalink

Absolutely love this recipe! It is the best one ever! I found that no matter how I stored these the tops were wet the next day. I’ve tried putting paper towel over them and crackers on the side of the plate to absorb the moistness but nothing works. I don’t like it! They are wonderful the same day. Any ideas on how to stop this? Please help!

27. Shumi 23 February 2016 at 1:23 pm Permalink

Made these this afternoon! Thank you! Sweetness just right, in fact could do with even less sugar as I used four bananas. Lovely and moist. Finally a recipe to save and re-use!

28. Paula 4 March 2016 at 4:33 pm Permalink

Great recipe I’ve been using it for years today my son requested this for his birthday tonight but he wants mini reeces peanut butter cups in it

29. Preety 6 March 2016 at 4:54 pm Permalink

I recommend adding a handful of chopped Walnuts and a handful of Crasins. If u want, u can also use egg substitute (with 1 tablespoon of Flaxseed Powder + 3 tablespoons of warm water). Mix and let the mixture aside for 10 mins. and then use in any recipe which calls for egg if u don’t have egg at home or if u just wanna replace egg in any recipe. I like to use clarified butter(Ghee) instead of butter, if not available u can even use Canola oil. I have also made these muffins with whole wheat flour(healthier choice). I always make this recipe with few alterations and everyone loves these muffins so much…

30. Mad 12 March 2016 at 2:47 am Permalink

I love this recipe super easy and super yummy! Thanks!

31. Sarah 31 March 2016 at 8:30 pm Permalink

I LOVE THIS RECIPE. I use it all the time and they are always amazing!!! I always add chocolate chips too just to make them exciting and they always go down a treat.

32. Lorna 5 April 2016 at 12:44 pm Permalink

These muffins are what I’ve been looking for.Easy, ingredients that I have on hand and the best tasting too. I do sometimes replace half a cup flour with coconut and throw in some chocolate chips.

33. Salem 23 April 2016 at 9:41 pm Permalink

I would use less bananas, 1 large banana is sufficient, 3-4 made the muffins too ‘mushy’ and didnt leave them fluffy.

34. Patty 23 July 2016 at 10:15 am Permalink

I love this recipe. It’s so easy and turns out great. Thanks for sharing it.

35. Nadine L'Esperance 9 August 2016 at 12:51 am Permalink

I’m SO not a baker but I found this recipe in 2007? I think? My youngest was 5 oldest 11…I never bake and this is the recipe they have grown up up..So frikkin’easy and the only recipe besides my pizza dough that has been consistence..LOVE it!Signed Punk rock Mom who doesn’t bake 😉

36. sharon lapka 13 August 2016 at 5:53 pm Permalink

I ADDED I CAN OF PINEAPPLE TIDBITS AND CHOPPED WALNUTS WITH A DASH OF CINNAMON
    DELISH A DEFINATE HIT

37. Maricel Franco 16 September 2016 at 1:00 pm Permalink

Hi can I bake this in a loaf pan rather than muffin tins?

38. Coll 18 September 2016 at 10:09 pm Permalink

We love your recipe and always go to it when needing something for a gathering.
    So far we have changed it up and made two other variations. Peach muffins using a large tin of peaches (with a peach slice on top) and also Pineapple and coconut.
    I have also changed it to go in my thermomix, adding ingredients in at different stages etc

39. Tammie Sundin 20 October 2016 at 12:51 am Permalink

Wow, impressed. Easy and yummy!! I added chocolate chips, vanilla, and nuts. Next time I am trying berries. This recipe is a keeper!! I placed some in the freezer and anxious to see how that works. Thanks tons!!

40. paddickmcpatty 28 January 2017 at 2:23 pm Permalink

I used this recipe at bake sales and they were sellouts every time! I don’t stir the bananas all the way through to have chunks of banana in it,as well as crunchy sugar on top. Overall great recipe.

41. paddickmcpatty 28 January 2017 at 2:23 pm Permalink

42. beatrice 28 January 2017 at 7:02 pm Permalink

I made these and they were a tad bit dry, so I added 4 bananas and it turned out to be the most delicious muffin I had ever tasted.

43. Susan 5 March 2017 at 8:30 pm Permalink

Made these banana muffins and they are deliscious!!

44. taniagonzalez 17 April 2017 at 6:27 am Permalink

I really love these muffins.

45. Antonio Polo 17 May 2017 at 4:13 am Permalink

I love this recipe. It’s very easy and cheap. Thanks for sharing it.

46. Judy Desetti 22 May 2017 at 9:22 am Permalink

There are no better muffins. I have tried many recipes but this is the perfect combination of ingredients. It never fails. Very similar to the “family secret” recipe from my mom and grandmother. This is a must try muffin recipe. SO EASY TO MAKE. I put the bananas that are turning black in my freezer until I am ready with enough bananas. THANKS for this gift.

47. Missy 2 June 2017 at 12:44 pm Permalink

Has anyone tried making this into loaves? I’d love to know if anyone had success doing this.