As Canadians, I think we often take for granted the amazing country in which we live. Take a moment to reflect on how lucky we are to live here, as you celebrate Canada’s 139th Birthday today. There are so many reasons I am proud to be a Canadian…here are five of mine:
1. Canada is a country so full of natural beauty. While I have only been fortunate enough to visit Quebec and Nova Scotia (and live in Ontario my whole life) the Canadian landscape provides some of the most captivating images imaginable in the whole world.
2. We enjoy freedom in so many areas of our lives. We are free to speak, dress and act as we choose. As a woman, I think this is particularily important.
3. We can safely raise our children, knowing they are getting a good education, and will have a promising future here.
4. We enjoy a wide spectrum of weather conditions and are very adaptable! In a country where it can be incredibly hot, followed by a cold front with hail stones the size of marbles, one needs to be able to adapt. At least we get to take it all in, and experience every sort of weather imaginable!
5. Canada is such a multicultural country. Being surrounded by such a mixture of cultures enriches everyones life experience in that we are able to learn so much from each other.
Happy Canada Day!